So I think I’m having a love affair with gluten-free pizza. I probably eat it like one to two times a week. That’s totally normal, right?! This fall version was definitely hubby’s favorite! And I promise it’s super easy to make. You can find pre-made gluten-free pizza crust in the frozen food section of almost any grocery store. I would recommend getting 2 crusts if you’re serving 4+ people.
2 gluten-free pizza crusts (Udi’s Gluten Free is my favorite)
1/2 cup Hawaiian BBQ sauce (I prefer this one, but any BBQ sauce will do)
2 handfuls of chopped kale
1 large roasted butternut squash (peed and diced, directions here)
1 lb lean ground chicken or turkey
1 cup shaved parmesan or any cheese of choice
1/2 tsp salt
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and dice your Butternut Squash, if not already done. (Tip: Some grocers sell it pre-diced for you already!)
- Toss the squash in 1 tbsp EVOO and bake for about 10 min while you cook the meat.
- Cook the ground meat in a large skillet with 1 tbsp EVOO on medium high heat for about 10 min until no longer pink.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and mix with the meat. Add kale, salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix well. (Tip: You can also shake it all up in a large baggie if you prefer.)
- Coat your pizza crust with BBQ sauce and spread the ingredients out on top. Sprinkle cheese on last.
- Continue baking on 400-425 per the pizza crust directions (roughly 10 minutes). The crust and kale should be nice and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy! Each pizza should yield about 6-8 slices.