Aloha Brownie Bites
Attention all chocolate lovers! You know that feeling when you finish a meal, but you’re still craving something sweet? These are perfect for that! Or when you’re having a long day at work, and you need a pick-me-up snack? Perfect for that, too!
But there’s a big difference between my Aloha Brownie Bites and regular brownies! These delicious balls of joy are packed with protein and REAL ingredients, so they will actually curb your hunger and give you energy. And because they have all-natural, non-artificial sweetener, they’re a great pre-workout snack, too!
Disclaimer: Please don’t be alarmed by the long ingredient list below. You can sub anything in your pantry, and I promise they would turn out just as delicious. Have fun with it and remember, all natural is best!
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional) – I used PaleoPro Ancient Cocoa, available at Sprouts. Some of my other favorite proteins are listed in my Shop under Pantry.
3/4 cup dry oats
1 soft banana
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp. raw coconut flakes
1 tbsp. chia seeds – Try these for a great source of fiber.
1-2 tbsp. coconut oil – Especially if you use Justin’s, which isn’t as oily as most all-natural nut butters.
2 dashes of cinnamon
- Line a flat cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Scoop out tablespoon-size servings and roll into balls.
- Set the brownie bites on the parchment paper and allow to set in the freezer for 30-45 minutes. Can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer depending on your preference.
- Enjoy as a snack or dessert!
Click here to download a printable PDF version of this recipe.