You guys! I just made my first batch of sweet potato fries and they were so good I could hardly stand it. The recipe was super easy to make (I think that’s becoming my slogan these days), and guess what?! Aside from cheese, the recipe only requires 4 main ingredients! That’s it. But feel free to get creative, because anything goes!
I made the mistake of making these when I was home alone. Uh oh. I took my pictures, and then I just sat there contemplating what to do. “Do I eat them all? Do I set the whole batch aside and wait until Tysson gets home?” Decisions decisions. You’ll be happy to know that I practiced a little self- control, “taste tested” a small serving size, and then packaged the rest for leftovers. And yes, they were just as good reheated!
Bring on the Cheese Fries
Okay okay, I’ll get to the good stuff! These health(ier) chili cheese fries are going to make the perfect appetizer for your next party, the best side dish to compliment Sunday family dinner, or the perfect finger food for girls night! And guess what? They will go great with my Honey and Lime Chicken Wings or Healthy Potato Skins with Avocado Pesto Spread. Here it is.
Ground Chicken, 1 lb.
Sweet Potatoes, 1 lb.
Kidney Beans, 1 can (drained)
Chili Sauce, 1 1/2 cups (available in the Ketchup aisle)
EVOO, 2 tbsp.
Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper (to taste)
Additional Mix-Ins (by the handful):
Diced Onion, Shredded Carrots, Jalapeños, Shredded Goat Cheese or Low-Fat Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 450 degree.
- Peel potatoes, cut ends off, and slice length-wise into 1/4″ fries. I found it easiest to cut the potato into fourths first.
- Toss fries in a large bowl with 1 tbsp. EVOO, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, tossing occasionally until brown.
- Bring remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO to medium-high heat in a large pan and begin browning ground chicken. Add onions, shredded carrots, jalapeños, and seasoning as needed.
- When meat is cooked through, add rinsed and drained kidney beans.
- Cover with chili sauce and mix ingredients.
- Serve warm sweet potato fries with chili mixture and top with shredded goat cheese or low-fat mozzarella!
Click here to print this recipe: P3 Recipe – Health(ier) Chili Cheese Fries