Fish on Fridays: Grilled Shrimp Zoodles
The Official Inspiralizer… now on Amazon!
So first thing’s first. You’re going to need a vegetable spiralizer. I absolutely love my Inspiralizer. It’s an all-in-one tool with an adjustable dial that allows you to easily change your blades from thick to thin. You can stick the whole thing in the dishwasher, or use a brush to easily clean the nooks and crannies.
Up until a few weeks ago, the Official Inspiralizer was only available via The Official Inspiralized Website, but now you can find it HERE on Amazon alongside the rest of your favorite kitchen gadgets and tools! Holy zoodles and boodles!
So what’s a Zoodle anyways?
Zucchini, 2 whole
Jumbo Shrimp (cooked), 8-10
Cherry Tomatoes (cut into fourths), 6
Sliced Mushrooms, 1 cup
Basil Pesto or Marinara, 1 cup
Sliced Sweet Pepper, 1⁄2 cup
Chopped Yellow Onion, 1⁄4 cup
Pine Nuts, 1⁄4 cup
EVOO, 1 tbsp.
- Grill shrimp, seasoning to taste. This can be done on a grill or stove- top (2-3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat).
- Heat EVOO in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté sweet pepper, onions, and pine nuts for 3-5 minutes.
- While the onions and sweet peppers are cooking, rinse zucchinis and pat dry. Cut the ends off to form a flat surface.
- Spiralize zucchinis into thin zoodles using a Vegetable Spiralizer (Blade C or D).
- Bring heat to medium-high. Add zoodles and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in sauce and serve warm. Top each plate with grilled shrimp and fresh-cherry tomatoes.