March 25, 2016

Easter Egg Popcorn Balls

Pipcorn Mini Popcorn Balls

Once You Go Pip, You Never Go Back.

Hi there! Raquel here. Remember that yummy Valentine’s Day Trail Mix I made last month? Well guess what? The secret ingredient is back, and its better than ever! And this time, it’s in the form of delicious Easter Egg Popcorn Balls.

I love Pipcorn because it’s all-natural, gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, and whole grain. AKA it’s everything I look for in a snack! This mini popcorn brand was founded by a dynamic brother and sister duo (you may have seen them on Shark Tank) which makes it even better for a family holiday!

Not sure where to find Pipcorn? You can scope out your nearby stores here.

Popcorn Balls take a Fall

So before I dive into this easy, four-ingredient recipe, I want to share this lovely picture below.

Broken Popcorn Balls

Yep, that happened. Right after I told my husband that “these popcorn balls are so good that they’re dangerous.” All I could do was laugh and take a picture.

Note to self: I would probably make a clumsy food stylist.

Substitution, not Restriction

As you know, I believe in balance. I like to refer to it as the 80/20 rule. I believe that 80% of the time, you should eat whole, nutrient-dense foods. The other 20% of the time? You should stop worrying and enjoy life (especially if that means popcorn balls)!

So that being said, if you’re going to enjoy your Easter and have some popcorn balls, you might as well make sure you’re using all-natural (and in my case, gluten-free) ingredients. I was able to purchase everything at Whole Foods, with the exception of the pastel-colored M&M’s. My stomach will thank me later.

As you sit around the table and break bread with your family, refer back to my Seven Habits of Healthy, Happy Individuals. Try not to chat about “diets” or weight loss. Don’t shame yourself or others for eating too much. Eat mindfully, filling up on nutrient-dense foods first. And lastly, allow yourself to enjoy a little treat.

Have a wonderful Easter! I can’t wait to hear how these turn out.

xoxo,

Raquel

Easter Egg Popcorn Balls

  • Prep time: 5 minutes
  • Cook time: 25 minutes
  • Total time: 30 minutes

Yields: 10-12 popcorn balls

Easter Egg Popcorn Balls

The easiest popcorn ball recipe you’ll ever make! Perfect for potlucks or holidays. Can be refrigerated or stored at room temperature for up to a week.

  • 2 cups Pipcorn Sea Salt Mini Popcorn
  • 1/2 cup Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter; or other nut butter
  • 1/2 cup brown rice syrup; or honey
  • 1/2 cup candy coated milk chocolate; or cacao nibs
  1. Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, melt almond butter and syrup (either in the microwave or on the stove). Mix well.
  3. Stir in popcorn and chocolate.
  4. Scoop spoonfuls onto the cooking sheet and use your hands to form round balls.
  5. Place the cooking sheet in the refrigerator and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes.
  6. Enjoy!
0 Likes

 

  1. Cailee says:

    YUM!! Girl! These look amazing! I love the 80/20 rule! Sounds good to me! Also, I’m sorry they feel! That’s so funny though that you said they were dangerous right before they hit the ground! Also, I LOVE your blog!! I follow you on IG and am so excited to follow along with your blog! Thanks for sharing girlie and I hope that you’re having a great Friday!!
    xoxo Cailee!