Fresh-Mex Shrimp and Corn with Cotija Cheese
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 corn on the cobs
- 1/2 pound cooked and peeled shrimp, tail-off
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 ounce cotija cheese, finely grated
- Cilantro, to taste
- Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning, to taste (or sub chili powder)
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil Spray
- Fill a large boiling pot 3/4 full with water. Bring to a boil.
- Husk the corn, pulling off the silky threads. Add corn to the pot, cooking 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Rinse shrimp. Bring a small pan to high heat, adding olive oil spray and seasoning. Flash-fry the shrimp for about 1-2 minutes on each side, so that you get a nicely-charred edge, but do not overcook the shrimp or dry it out.
- In a bowl, combine chopped corn, shrimp, and avocado slices. Top with cotija cheese and cilantro.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Calories: 259
- Fat: 12 grams
- Carbs: 22 grams
- Protein: 22 grams